Joan M. Donnelly, Esq.
I have been practicing law for over 30 years in the State of New Jersey, primarily in Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex Counties. My area of practice has been primarily in Family Law. Along with the divorce process itself, I have handled real estate, whether buying, selling or refinancing; preparation of Wills and Municipal Court matters. I also have extensive background in Appellate practice.
My matrimonial experience is broad including divorce, child support issues, custody and parenting time, equitable distribution of assets, Domestic Violence cases and post-Judgment divorce issues. I am no stranger to litigation.
Approximately 12 years ago I took Mediation training recognizing that many divorcing couples prefer to resolve their differences in a non-litigious and more economically feasible manner. Since that time I am committed to that process where appropriate and have continued to practice in that area as well as collaborative law.
Collaborative Law, where divorcing parties agree to “collaborate” with lawyers, financial professionals, therapists where beneficial for children and any other professionals needed to move the process forward, is designed to provide a structure outside the court room and the court system and for the parties to explore and negotiate settlement of their issues in a respectful atmosphere at their own pace.
I am available to assist parties with their Family law issues in all three modalities – be it litigation, mediation or collaborative law.
- Admitted to the Bar of the State of New Jersey
- Admitted to the Bar of the Third Circuit Federal Court
- Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association
- Member Collaborative Divorce Professionals Practice Group
- Member International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Participant Haydn Proctor Inns of Court-Barrister
- Lecturer for 180 Turning Lives Around (Domestic Violence)